Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Power of Prayer




When I was young, I began my day with a morning prayer with an abundant hope that my day will be a great day. In my prayer, I always included "Heavenly Father, please help me to have a good day today so that I'll be happy." However, for some reason, every time I said my morning prayers, the exact opposite happened. I thought to myself. What's going on? Why is Heavenly Father punishing me for being good? After awhile, I stopped saying my prayers. How little did I know then. As the years have passed, I began to realize that prayer doesn't change my situations but a true sincere prayer changes my attitude toward the given situations. Now I know that with the light of Christ, no matter how difficult my day is, I can face it with gratitude and joy. Some days, it takes more effort than other days but I have felt the change of heart and got to see how it changed my life. This gospel really brought happiness to my life. I know it's true, and I live it and I absolutely love it. I know that as I strive to keep the commandments, I stand one step closer to God and in that place, I can feel his love much more intimately.

No comments:

Post a Comment