Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Miracle of Forgiveness

Last night, I started reading 'The Miracle of Forgiveness", written by Spencer W. Kimball.
Wow...... I was speechless. What a powerful book..
I didn't even know that there were so many sins and I've broken so many of them, without even realizing. In the middle of reading it, I got really guilty and scared so I put it down. I guess I'm not ready to become perfect yet. Although this book made me feel really discouraged for committing so many sins but now I'm much more grateful than ever before, for the Atonement of Christ. Now I understand more of what it means to be less than the dust of the earth and remembering our nothingness, and his goodness. The more we realize our weaknesses in our carnal state, the more we are desperate for the need of the Atonement of Christ and we learn to appreciate it with deeper gratitude. From the book, I also learned the importance of this life. I gained a sure testimony that this life is the time to prepare to meet God. As imperfect as we are, this life on earth is given to us so we can try to live each day better to prepare to live with him again. The more I learn about the gospel, my life becomes more meaningful and this is why I love the gospel so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment