Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2012

The Life of Elder Perry


Today, I got to learn about the life of Elder L.Tom Perry. As I read about him, I got to know how amazing he is and I began to really admire him. He was a trustworthy, unselfish person who was also gifted with enthusiasm. People who knew him well said his greatest skills are 'his people skills. His warmth, his understanding, his friendliness, his courtesy, his kindness, and his graciousness make him a very welcome member of any group or meeting in which he is involved.' There are so many things that we can learn from the Apostles. Elder Perry said "I have always tried to be the pace setter, and you know that's an exciting place to be. You never have a dull moment in your life, as long as you're trying. You don't alwasy achieve but when you don't, you've put up a good fight and it's been an exciting experience trying to get there." From reading about his life, I learned today that life is not to be stressed about whether or not if you can succeed but to be enjoyed as I try my best in every moment. I also learned about what kind of person sister Perry was. She was described as "a woman who supprted her husband and reared her children in the ways of the Lord." She understood her role in the family organization. She was anxious to fill that which God had intended for her and had confidence in him. I hope I can become like her one day.. I love learning about the apostles and their lives so that I have a better idea of what I want in my future and how I can prepare for it through their examples.

No comments:

Post a Comment