Pages

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Things I value the most..



"If you want something to last forever, you treat it differently...
It becomes special because you have made it so."
-F Burton. Howard-


This quote made me think about how I should treat other people.
Especially those who I'm the closest with. 
It's easy to treat people that are the most important to us with less care because we assume that they will understand us better or that they will never leave us no matter what we do. We think that they will know we love them even if we don't express it every day. That's how I thought until today. But I realized that it is those that are the most important to us that we need to be the most careful about and I cannot use our close relationship as an excuse to mistreat them. The deeper the relationship is, the easier it is to get hurt because we open up so much of ourselves to each other, even our deepest fears, weaknesses and secrets and we become so fragile and vulnerable around them.
Doesn't it indeed, hurt more when someone you love criticizes you than those that you are not really close to or don't really care about talks bad about you? 
Because for me, it really does. 
I learned that if I want to spend the more time with a person and truly be in a healthy loving relationship, I need to treat them with care. 
They become special only when we put in the time and effort to make them special. 



No comments:

Post a Comment