Pages

Monday, January 12, 2015

New Year's Resolution

I've set my new year's resolutions on new years day already (which I broke half of the list before the frist week) but yesterday at church, I learned something that helped me to set goals more specifically and realistically with better ways to help me achieve them and I want to share this with everyone because it was SUPER helpful for me.


Here are the 7 steps.


1. Identify the goals you wish to achieve.


When we set goals, we need to keep in mind "What do you want to have happend?"
What do I want to have achieved at the end of the day, end of the week, and at the end of 2015?
What attributes do I want to develop? What kind of life do I want to have? What kind of person do I want to become?


2. Write definitions and descriptions of the goals.


3. Record questions to answers as you study.
For example, if you want to become more obedient, ask questions to yourself.
"What is it that I want to obey? Why?"


4. List and study thoroughly about the goals you want to achieve
Thorougly is the key!! Study it and learn everything about it inside and out.
Know exactly what it is that you want to change.


5. Record your feelings and impressions
Write down how you felt after keeping those goals, write down your mistakes and how you can make it better. I think it's really important that you don't leave out the mistakes part because you're ashamed of it because a lot of times, we learn the most from our own mistakes. It's ok to mess up. There are ways to "fail succesfully". Isn't that what the Atonement was for?


6. Pray for help.


7. Evaluate your progress periodically.
This is SUPER important because "When performance is measured, performance improves. When performance is measured and reported, the rate of improvement accelerates."(President Thomas S. Monson)





No comments:

Post a Comment