Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Road to Happiness

I wanted to start a blog, mainly because I wanted to share some of my beliefs and the things that I learn as I live my life each day. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Most people will refer to us as "the mormons." I was born in the church and I've been a member of this church for almost 23 years now. Throughout those years, there has been times when my faith was weak, but as of right now, I'm so grateful to have this gospel in my life. It has brought me so many blessings and taught me to live in such a way that helps me to learn to find true happiness that will last forever. I cannot imagine what my life would be like without the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Sometimes I feel like there are things in my life that I've been blessed with that I'm not so sure whether or not I even deserve it. Over time, I've come to realize that these blessings weren't only given for my sake but they were given because I needed to share it with other people and use it to serve the people around me.

There are things in my past that I don't really want to think about because they were very traumatic experiences for me. My teenage years were really really tough. Sometime I think to myself, if it wasn't for that, I would be a completely different person. Maybe better, maybe worse I don't know but I thought that my past at least, wouldn't be a burden for me and won't hold me back as I try to become the person I want to become. After a many years of praying and studying and pondering the words of God, I finally got an answer that these trials that I have had in the past weren't given to me because God didn't care about me or I deserved it but because I needed to grow. It wasn't given to hold me back from progressing but to help me progress in the direction where God wanted me to be. I needed to become the person that Heavenly Father wanted me to be. I needed to overcome myself so that I can grow and help other people who are also struggling in their life. Because of the things I experienced, now I know how to help others when they are in need and I can understand them better with more empathy. What I thought was a burden that I will never be able to overcome has now turned into a blessing and an opportunity for me to help other people. Also, now I am one step closer to who I'm destined to become.

The purpose of this blog is that I may be a light to someone who has lost their hope. I want to help people to find happiness in their lives. The real happiness that will last forever. I wish I can help and uplift others, even if it may just be one person because every soul is precious to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment